In this article, I will teach you. 9 best ways to fix the Anticheat connection failed error in Escape from Tarkov. Tarkov Escape is one of the multiplayer first-person shooter video games when it comes to hardcore and virtual RPG /simulator games. It has story-driven gameplay as well as MMO features that ensure an interesting gaming experience. Meanwhile, many players are experiencing the ‘Anticheat Connection Failed’ error in Escape from Tarkov.
If you are one of the victims, follow this troubleshooting guide to resolve this type of error. Several affected players reported that they were experiencing a connection problem that they lost when Tarkov escaped from the game due to an anti-cheat loading failure. Fortunately, we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds that should help you out.
- How to Fix Anticheat Connection Failed Error in Escape From Tarkov
How to Fix Anticheat Connection Failed Error in Escape From Tarkov
Now, without further ado, jump into the guide.
1. Run Your Game As an Administrator
Many affected players have mentioned that they weren’t running the game executable file as an administrator. That is why the anti-cheat system does not work properly. Additionally, it can cause crashing of the games, not cause problems, connect to online servers, and more.
Read Also: Fix: Rocket League Trade-in Disabled Error
It is highly recommended to run the game as an administrator. To do this:
- Make sure to close the game properly. If running in the background, open the Task Manager and end the task.
- Now, open File Explorer and go to the drive where you installed the escape from the Tarkov game.
- The default installation path should be: C:/Ballet Games/EFT (Live)
- Right-click on the EscapefromTarkov.exe file> select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab> Run this program as an administrator checkbox.
- Click Apply to save the changes, and then OK.
2. Update Your Game
Your chances of escaping the Tarkov game are likely to get old for a while because you did not update it. If so, try to update the game properly. To do this:
- All you have to do is open the Steam client on your PC.
- Now, click Library> Click on Escape from Tarkov from the left pane.
- Check if the Update button is available.
- If available, update it, and then tap Play to start the game.
3. Update Steam Launcher
Sometimes your Steam client may not even be up to date, which can provoke many issues such as game launching issues, game startup crashes, and not downloading game updates. Therefore, Tarkov escapes from the game, you should also try to update the steam launcher. To do this:
- Make sure your Steam client is not working in the background.
- To cross-check it, click on the System Tray icon and right-click on the Steam icon.
- Click Exit to close the task.
- Additionally, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager> Go to Processes> Click on EscapeFromTarkov and select End Task to close it.
- When done, open the Steam client on your PC.
- It automatically checks for available Steam updates and starts installing (if any).
- Finally, your steam launcher will open and you are good to go.
This method should fix the ‘Anticheat connection failed’ error in Escape from Tarkov. If not resolved yet, follow the second method.
4. Verify and Repair Game Files
If your game does not run or the anti-cheat program fails, it may indicate that there are some issues with the installed game files. Simply verifying and repairing game files on your computer, you will ensure that there are no problems with game files. To do this:
- Open Steam Client> Click on Library
- You can right-click on Escape from Tarkov > Click on Properties
- After this, click on the Local Files tab> Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Complete the process to apply the changes, and then restart the launcher.
- Once done, you can run the game to check the issue.
5. Disable Windows Firewall and Antivirus Program
Sometimes your Windows Firewall Protection, as well as antivirus program, cannot prevent game files from working properly if not whitelisted. Therefore, it is recommended that you temporarily disable firewalls and antivirus programs on your computer for the game to run smoothly. To do this:
- Click Start Menu> Type firewall.
- Select the Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Also, turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- A window will open and you’ll need to click on Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) for both the Private & Public Network Settings.
- When done, click OK to save the changes.
- Finally, reboot your computer to apply the effect.
Similarly, you will need to disable Windows Security Protection on your computer by following these steps:
- Press the Windows + I key to open Windows Settings.
- Now, from the left pane, click Update and Security> Windows Security.
- Click Open Windows Security> Go to Virus and Security Threats.
- And then click Manage Settings.
- Turn off the Real-time security toggle here.
- If prompted by UAC, click Yes to apply the changes.
This method should fix the ‘Anticheat connection failed’ error in the Escape from Tarkov issue. However, if the problem persists, try following the procedure below.
6. Update Device Drivers
Looks like whenever you can’t understand what’s going on with your computer or game and make sure you’re trying to update all the device drivers available on your PC to keep things under control.
Extensively updating the graphics driver, network driver, etc. can fix a few issues with the gaming. To do so, visit Nvidia, or AMD, or Intel’s Official Website first. Then download and install the latest version of the graphics driver based on your graphics card model.
You can also try using any third-party driver updater software on your computer to easily check and update missing or outdated device drivers. There are many popular and reliable software available online that you can use.
Please note that these third-party applications may cause data leaks or issues with your software in some cases.
7. Restart Your Router/Modem
If you still find the error of ‘Anticheat server connection lost’ or ‘Anticheat connection failed’ error in Escape from Tarkov then make sure to check your network connection. You can either restart your Wi-Fi router/modem or browse multiple websites or playing other online games to check the problem.
8. Use a VPN
If your internet connection seems good enough you can try using the VPN (Virtual Private Network) service on your computer to see if you can run your Escape from the Tarkov game or not. Using a VPN can allow you to choose a different region that can help in many ways.
There are many popular and reliable VPN services that you can use for free or through subscriptions.
9. Re-Install Battle Eye
If none of these methods work for you, try re-installing Battle Eye to resolve the ‘Anticheat connection failed’ error completely. To do this:
- Make sure to check out the Escape from Tarkov game with the launcher.
- Now, go to the game installation folder> Delete both the BattleEye and Escape folder in the Tarkov_BE application file.
- Open the Battlestate Games Launcher> Select Integrity check Escape from Tarkov.
- Wait for the process to finish> When you’re done, you can go back to the game installation folder.
- Open the BattleEye folder and double-click the Install_BattleEye.bat file.
- Finally, you can launch the game to check for the problem.
If you have any questions or queries about this article, please comment below, and we’ll get back to you. Check more daily updates to get subscribe to our website and also you can get informational articles and much more etc.