In this article, I will teach you. How to delete Whatsapp Backup from Google Drive (2021.) You know that all the text and files you share on WhatsApp are encrypted. However, did you know that your Google Drive backups are not? As a result, some users decide to delete their WhatsApp backup. Maybe you do not have sensitive information stored on WhatsApp and you can go without having a backup anyway.
No matter why you want to delete WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive, the following guide will show you step by step how to do it.
Erase All WhatsApp Data From Google Play
Before you erase your WhatsApp data, it is a good idea to have a copy of the data you will delete elsewhere. So, when you might change your mind or need that information in the future. It is good to have a backup until you know for sure that you will not need it.
- To delete WhatsApp backup from Google Drive, for the first time, you will need to go to the Google Drive site. Once you are there, make sure you are signed in with the same account you added to your WhatsApp account. You can click on the cog-wheel and go to Settings.
- Once set up, click on the Manage Apps option. Once there, you will see a list of various applications. Scroll down, and get a WhatsApp backup.
- Click on the options drop-down menu, and from the two options listed, choose to Delete hidden app data. You will receive a warning message informing you of the amount of data to be deleted. If you are sure this is what you want to do, go ahead and click on Delete.
- That’s all there is to it. You can also delete WhatsApp backup data from the file manager you are using.
- For instance, if you are using Google Files, go to internal storage and swipe down to WhatsApp.
- Tap on backups and select the backup type you want to erase.
How to Completely Delete WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive
The above instructions will help you if you are on your computer, let’s say for work reasons. However, if you are on your Android device most of the time, here’s how to clear a backup. Open the Google Drive App and tap on the three-line menu at the top left.
- When a side menu appears, tap the backup option. Get a WhatsApp backup and tap on the three-dot options, which should be on the right. Now, the Delete backup option will be the beginning of the list.
WhatsApp backups are useful when you can’t lose some information. However, when you can leave without a backup because you are storing your sensitive information elsewhere, these backups are not required on Google Drive.
If you have any questions or queries about this article, please comment below, and we’ll get back to you. Check more daily updates to get subscribe to our website and also you can get informational articles and much more etc.