In this article, I will teach you. Best 4 ways to disable Adobe Updater on Windows 10. Usually, the update works in the background. The update process uses a lot of data. Furthermore, a significant number amount of system resources are used. As a result, this slows down the PC. Maybe you do some hard work like editing a video or gaming and it will drastically slow down or stutter. That’s Why this happens. When the Adobe updater is running in the background.
When you are using Windows 10, then you will need to access the Task Scheduler and disable the update. I have explained the steps in full detail. There are only 4 steps in which you can easily disable the updater.
Also, you can access the Microsoft Management Console and disable Adobe update services. On the other hand, if you are using macOS, then it is very easy to disable Adobe Updater. Only one click is required.
Let’s Get Started:
How to Disable Adobe Updater on Windows 10 or macOS
- Launch Application Manager> click on Preferences
- To the right hand of the next screen, you will see an option to notify me of new updates in the menu bar
- By default, that option will be tested [means enabled for new update notifications]
- Also, you need to do is uncheck that checkbox.
Now, the Adobe update will not automatically run in the background and consume data or resources for your Mac.
Steps to Stop Disable Adobe Updater in Windows 10
There are various ways to do this and I have listed them below.
Disable Task from task Scheduler
- In the search box, type Task Scheduler
- Click Open
- Then click on the Task Schedule library.
- There’ll be a task in the list that says Adobe Acrobat Update Task.
- Right-click on the above task.
- Next, from the menu, click on Disable
Delete Adobe Updater from Microsoft Management Console
- Enter the Run command box by pressing Windows + R.
- Then type services.msc and hit enter.
- Navigate from the service list to the Adobe Acrobat Update Service.
- Right-click it and select Properties.
- Under the General tab, navigate to Startup Type with a drop-down list.
- You can click on the drop-down menu and select Disable.
Make Changes in the Windows Registry
Remember: that updating the Windows Registry may affect the performance of computer software. Therefore, perform it at your own risk.
You can press Windows + R to open the run box.
Type regedit and hit enter.
When the Registry Registry opens paste the following path to the address bar.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Adobe ARM\Legacy\Reader(product code)\
Under the name scroll down to mode and double-click on it.
Change Value Data to 0.
Click OK and close the register.
To start the change process restart your computer.
So, here are a few ways by which you can disable Adobe updater from automatically installing the update on your computer.
If you have any questions or queries about this article, please comment below, and we’ll get back to you. Check more daily updates to get subscribe to our website and also you can get informational articles and much more etc.