In this article, I will teach you. How to simply add embed Instagram feed in WordPress Website. Using Instagram images and videos on your website helps to keep your content new, improves user interaction, and builds confidence.
Why Embed Instagram on Your WordPress Site?
Displaying content from your Instagram account on your WordPress website has many benefits.
- You can show product reviews, displays, buyable photos, and other user-generated Instagram feed as social evidence to build trust and drive more sales.
- It also helps improve search engine optimization (SEO) for your site by keeping content fresh and up to date.
- Apart from this, Instagram feeds are great for increasing engagement and retaining visitors to your website.
That said, let’s see how you can embed an Instagram feed into WordPress.
How to Embed Instagram Feed with WordPress Plugin
An easy way to embedding Instagram feeds to WordPress with a plugin.
For this Guide, I will be using the free Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed. An excellent WordPress plugin for WordPress and allows you to display content from your Instagram account to your WordPress site in an instant.
- The plugin also has a premium version called Smash Balloon Instagram Feed Pro. It offers many customization options such as hashtag-based filtering feeds, combining different types of feeds, display captions, likes and comments, and much more.
- Initially, you need to install and activate the Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed plugin on your WordPress website.
- After activating the plugin, you need to visit the Instagram Feed »Settings and click the ‘Connect Instagram Account‘ button under the ‘Configure‘ tab.
- You’ll see a popup that allows you to choose from an Instagram Personal or Business profile. In this Guide, I will select the personal option and click the ‘Connect‘ button.
- Alternatively, if you have a Business or Creator Instagram account, then you can select the ‘Business‘ option to continue.
- After that, you must log in to your Instagram account and click the ‘Allow‘ button to allow Smash Balloon access to your profile information and media data.
- You will now be redirected to your website, where you will see a popup with your Instagram ID asking you to link your account. To do so, click the ‘Connect This Account‘ button.
- Next, you should see your Instagram account linked to Smash Balloon.
- Then, go to the ‘Customize‘ tab and change the appearance of your Instagram feed. For instance, customize the width and height of the feed, and then change the background color.
- Alternatively, Smash Balloon lets you choose the number of images and columns that will appear in the feed. You can also select padding around photos, disable mobile layouts, sort your photos, and select image resolution.
- When you scroll down, there are many customization options. For example, edit your Instagram feed header, enable the ‘Load More’ and ‘Follow’ buttons, change GDPR settings, and receive weekly feeds report.
- However, as you upgrade to the Pro version, there are other features to customize, such as selecting a layout type, enabling captions, like comments, post-filtering, and moderation.
- After you have finished editing the Instagram feed, click the ‘Save Changes‘ button.
- Then, it is very simple to embed Instagram into your WordPress blog feed everywhere.
- To do so, edit or add a new post/page. In the WordPress editor, click the plus sign (+) to add a new block and search for the ‘Instagram feed’.
- Smash Balloon loads the Instagram feed automatically and shows you a preview in the content editor. You can now publish your posts or page to display content from Instagram.
- If you are using a classic editor, you will need to use a shortcode [instagram-feed] where you want to display your Instagram feed.
The Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed plugin also makes it very easy to add feeds to the sidebar. To do that, go to Appearance »Widgets, drag the Instagram feed widget to your sidebar, and click the Save ’button.
How to Insert Instagram Feed Using Default Embed Blocks
If you want to embed an Instagram feed In your content using the default embed feature, you will need to enable Instagram oEmbeds in the Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed plugin.
This is due to the fact that you cannot directly embed content on Instagram or Facebook to your WordPress blog.
The feature was released in October 2020 by WordPress, where Facebook requires developers to register an app and use Access Tokens to access data in their oEmbed content API.
- A simple solution to fix the oEmbed problem is to use the Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed plugin. Just go to Instagram Feed »oEmbeds from your WordPress admin site.
- Following this, click the ‘Enable Instagram oEmbeds‘ button.
- You will now see a popup when the plugin asks you to ‘Connect to Facebook.’
- Next, log in to your Facebook account and connect it via Smash Balloon.
- After that, you can select the Facebook pages you want to use with Smash Balloon and click the ‘Next button.
- The advantage of Smash Balloon being able to use the pages is that it doesn’t expire your Access Token. You can also skip this part, but make sure your Access Token will only be valid for 60 days.
- Next, you need to choose what Smash Balloon can do with your Facebook page and click the ‘Done button. For example, you can allow the plugin to display a list of pages you own.
- After that, you should see a message that you are now connected to the Smash Balloon and Facebook community. Instantly click the ‘Ok‘ button to return to your WordPress admin section.
- You will see a notification that Instagram Feed will replace your old Embeds automatically and generate all new content for all new links.
- Now, you can easily embed any Instagram content of your blog post or page.
- Just go to your Instagram account and click three dots (…) in the top right corner of any Instagram photo or video to open more options.
- Following, you can click the ‘Copy Link‘ button when more options appear in the popup.
- After that, edit any post or page and click the plus sign (+) in the top left corner to add the ‘Embed‘ block.
- Now enter the URL for your Instagram content and click the ‘Embed‘ button.
Once that’s done, you can publish your post or page to see the Instagram feed on your website.
If you have any questions or queries about this article, please comment below, and we’ll get back to you. Check more daily updates to get subscribe to our Website and also you can get informational articles and much more etc.