In this article, I will teach you. The 3 best ways to fix Google Maps not working issues. If you have recently moved to a new city or have trouble remembering routes and directions when you go somewhere, you must enjoy using Google Maps. Whenever you have to go anyplace. It makes it easier for you to navigate routes and know about the traffic even before you leave your home, but with technology comes many bugs and errors, and instantly you cannot use your full-needed savior anymore.
How to Fix Google Maps Not Working Issue? [Step by Step Guide]
Such errors with Google Maps are quite normal as it’s a real-time application that requires a constant connection with the device. It can be a lot of reasons you could be facing this problem. Don’t worry, there are several ways you can try to revive your Google Maps app in a short amount of time.
1. Update Google Maps
The most common problem with absolutely any app is that it sometimes fails to update on your device. It’s possible that your Google Maps not working because it’s not updated on your device, even although this should occur automatically by Google PlayStore, there may be a few errors with the PlayStore settings that it did not automatically update.
Read Also: How to Take a Screenshot on Windows, Andriod
However, you can also manually update the Google Maps from Google PlayStore for Android, and App Store for iOS devices. Don’t know how to do it? Below, there are clear instructions and how to update Google Maps manually on Google PlayStore.
1. For Android
If you are facing an issue with the Google Maps not working on your Android phone or tablet, you can follow these steps to try to solve it with the help of the Google Play Store.
- Visit the Google PlayStore on your Android device or tablet.
- You can Go to the menu and tap on My Apps & Games.
- Click on the Update section.
- You can see all the apps on your device that require an update.
- If it shows, the update button next to Google Maps, go ahead and then tap Update.
- Google Maps will be updated on your Android device, as quickly as possible.
2. For iOS
If you are facing a problem with Google Maps not working on your IOS device, you can follow these steps to fix it with iOS App Store on your device.
- First, you can visit the app store on your iOS device.
- You can Go to the Updates section on your App Store.
- You can see all the apps on your device that need to be updated.
- If it shows, the Update button next to Google Maps, go ahead then tap Update.
- Google Maps will be updated on your iOS, in a short time.
2. Check Internet Connection
If you are someone who has been using Google Maps for a long time, then it’s most likely that the problem you have encountered is temporary and that it will only be a problem with your Internet connection, and not some serious error. The other thing that you need to know is that if you are outside without an internet connection, you will not be able to access the Google Map So, if you don’t have the offline version of Google Maps installed beforehand, and you’ll still have a connection.
If you would like to use the Internet to navigate the routes while traveling, you will need a stable internet connection, no matter what as navigation only works when Google Maps is constantly connected with your current location. If your Internet connection isn’t stable, the map will keep disconnecting.
3. Turn On the Location Services
Another thing is that can solve the Google Maps not working issue is to check if your location services are turned on. on your device, For Google Maps to be able to track throughout your journey or also easily locate where you are, the location services must be turned on. If you don’t know. How to turn on the location services? You can just follow the instructions below to find out more.
1. For Android
If you encounter a problem with the Google Maps not working on your Android phone or tablet, you can follow these steps to fix it.
- Swipe down the notification bar on your Android phone or tablet.
- As you can able see a Location icon on the menu or also you can visit your phone settings.
- Following, the Security And Location option, you can go to the privacy section.
- You can able to see the Location button on it.
- You can Tap on it and all the location-related settings will appear.
- You will see a toggle button to turn off or on your location.
- If it is turned off, turn it on to Google Maps, to know your location.
- Now, Google maps should be working fine.
2. For iOS
If you are facing an issue with the Google Maps not working on your iOS device, you can follow these steps to fix it.
- Go to Settings on your iOS device
- Tap on the General button
- Now, you can visit the Privacy section
- You’ll see the Location Services option
- Turn the Location Services on
- Also, you can customize the for which app, or when the location services should be on
- Your Google Maps should work fine now
So, wait no more! Pack your bags for the trip with your best friend, because Google Maps always has you back. If you have any problems after completing all of the steps that are described in this article.
If you have any questions or queries about this article, please comment below, and we’ll get back to you. Check more daily updates to subscribe to our Website and get informational articles and much more, etc.