In this article, I will teach you. How to turn off Google Assistant on Android Devices. Having launched in 2016, Google Assistant has become one of the most popular voice assistants on smartphones worldwide.
Available for Android and iOS natively, but you can also use it on Mac, Windows, and Linux. However, many privacy-conscious users dislike the idea of an always-on microphone that can listen to their conversations.
Complete Guide to Disable Google Assistant on Android and Chromebook
Here, I will show you how to disable, deactivate, or turn off Google Assistant on your Android device and Chromebook. While the process is straightforward for smartphones, it is even more complicated on Chromebooks. Also, you cannot completely disable the assistant on your Chrome OS devices. However, you can still disable the trigger word for ‘Ok Google’ in Chrome OS. So without further delay, let’s explore how to turn off Google Assistant on Android and Chromebooks.
Disabling Google Assistant is easy on Android, but the process continues to change every few months. So check out the latest way (March 2021) to turn off Google Assistant on Android devices:
- To turn off Google Assistant on Android, open the Google app on your phone and tap the ‘More‘ button at the bottom right. From the next page, go to the ‘Settings menu.
- Next, tap Google Assistant. Then scroll down a little bit and select General.
- On the next page, you can turn off the assistant. To do so, turn off the switch next to the Google Assistant and confirm your selection by tapping on ‘Turn Off‘ when shown.
As mentioned earlier, you cannot permanently disable Google Assistant on Chromebooks and can only turn off the first-time detection. Here’s how to do it:
- In your Chromebook, click the time in the bottom right corner and then click on the settings icon.
- On the left, go to Search and Assistant. Then tap on Google Assistant.
- Finally, toggle the Google Assistant to disable it on your Chromebook.
Google Assistant can be very helpful in most cases, but there are times when you might want to switch it off to limit Google data collection. So go ahead and disable the assistant on all your devices to regain control of your privacy.
If you have any questions or queries about this article, please comment below, and we’ll get back to you. Check more daily updates to get subscribe to our website and also you can get informational articles and much more etc.