In this article, I will teach you. Instagram keeps crashing on iPhone or Android. If you are experience problems with Instagram on your mobile device, you are not alone here. Users are reporting that the Instagram app crashes as soon as you open the app or after some time. Okay, it looks frustrating for many affected users and if your Instagram Keeps crashing on iPhone or Android.
Talking about the possible causes of this problem is likely to be an outdated Instagram app. In the meantime, using an older or buggy mobile software version may cause system crashes. Besides, problems with the rest or end of the Instagram server can also cause several issues with application launching or crashing. Sometimes other background apps can trouble you.
Instagram Keeps Crashing on iPhone or Android
Now, without further ado, let’s get to the guide below.
1. Restart Your Phone
Yes! A simple restart can also fix many temporary glitches or cache data from your mobile device. While this option may sound ridiculous to some people, it does not cost you anything or does not require any kind of effort.
So, just try once and see if the problem is fixed or not. If not, don’t worry. Restart your mobile device:
- Just unlock the lock screen of your Android device.
- Press and hold the power button for several seconds until the Power Menu appears on the screen.
- Now, select Restart, and your device will restart automatically.
- Press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously for a few seconds until the ‘Slide to power Off‘ screen appears.
- Now, simply load the bar from left to right to turn it off.
- Wait for around a few seconds and long-press the Power button to turn on the iPhone again.
2. Update Instagram App
You should check whether you are using the latest Instagram app on your mobile phone or not. If you are using an outdated version then the problem is happening at your end.
- Open the Google Play Store app> Search Instagram.
- Tap on it from search result> Select Update. (if available)
- Once updated, tap on Open.
- You can open the Apple App Store on your iPhone Mobile
- Tap the search icon> Type Instagram and search for it.
- From the search results, tap on Instagram and then select Update. (If one is available)
- Once you have been installed the latest update, be sure to tap on OPEN.
3. Update Mobile Software
Too much of an outdated software version on your mobile device can also cause several issues such as app crashes. So, if you are one of the victims, be sure to update the mobile software to its latest version.
- Tap Settings> Scroll down of the page
- Tap on System> Select Advanced.
- Go to System Update, and the device will search for available updates automatically.
- If available, be sure to tap on Download and install.
- Allow the process to be completed and your device will restart automatically.
Please Note: that the above steps can vary depending on your device model number. Therefore, you can search for the software update option manually from the settings menu.
- Tap Settings> Go to General.
- Select Software Update> Automatically search for available updates.
- If available, then make sure you choose Download and Install.
- It may also ask you to enter a screen unlock code for your iPhone.
- Just make sure you enter the screen unlock code and proceed with the update.
- Wait for the process to finish> When you’re done, your iPhone will automatically install the update and restart the system.
4. Close Other Startup Apps
It is very common these days to continue crashing the mobile applications for some reason but if possible, your mobile storage space becomes quite low or starts lagging a lot overall, and make sure you close other background apps manually to protect the crash application system. Therefore, you should swipe up and hold from the middle bottom of the device screen to open the Recents panel.
Here you can swipe all applications running in the background to clear most RAM usage. Additionally, you can restart the device to shut down background apps automatically.
5. Check Instagram Server Status
Chances are high enough that Instagram servers are facing a major issue of going out or pausing for a while. If you feel the same way, be sure to look next to the third-party Down Detector Instagram Status Page for real-time details.
6. Clear Instagram Cache Data
Clearing the Instagram mobile app cache data can automatically fix many issues such as crashes, backlogs, unloading issues, login issues, feed-related issues, etc. Therefore, it is always best to completely erase cache data applications. To do so:
Tap and hold the Instagram app from your home screen.
Tap App Info> Select Storage and Cache.
Now, tap on Clear Cache> Open Instagram app normally.
- While iPhone users cannot clear the app cache normally. Therefore, you will need to uninstall and install the Instagram app to clear the cache data.
- Just go to Settings> Tap General.
- Navigate to the iPhone storage > Tap on Instagram, and scroll down.
- Now, you can select the Delete App button on the page.
- When you’re done, be sure to restart your iPhone normally.
- Go to Apple App Store> Search Instagram.
- Tap on getting to install it again.
- Finally, sign in to your account and you’re ready to go.
7. Leave the Instagram Beta Program
Sometimes you can be enrolled in the Instagram Beta program to get advanced access to recently introduced features or changes. While it may seem cool and helpful to you, sometimes access to the first build or beta update can bring a lot of bugs or stability issues to your application that leads to a crash. It is best to leave the beta program immediately to resolve the issue.
- Open the Google Play Store app> Search Instagram.
- Open the Instagram app page> Scroll down a bit until you see the comment ‘You are a beta tester.
- Now, simply tap on ‘Leave’ and confirm the function to exit the beta testing program.
- When you’re done, be sure to restart your phone to apply the changes.
- You can open the Google Play Store app again and see if the Instagram app update is available or not. If yes, be sure to update it to the latest version.
- If you are using iOS on your Apple iPhone device and subscribed to the Instagram beta testing platform be sure to open the TestFlight app.
- Now, exit the subscription from the Instagram beta program.
However, if you do not have a TestFlight app then you do not need to worry about it, and that means you are not enrolled in the beta program.
If you have any questions or queries about this article, please comment below, and we’ll get back to you. Check more daily updates to get subscribe to our website and also you can get informational articles and much more etc.