In this article, I will show you. How to register your PTA mobile registration. Recently you might have received a text message from shortcode ‘8484’, a shortcode utilized by Pakistan Telecommunication Authority that you should register your mobile devices as soon as possible, after that your devices will get blocked. It’s due to PTA mobile registration guidelines that have made it necessary for each Pakistani to have their mobile phones registered with PTA.
PTA (Pakistan Telecommunication Authority) is the regulatory body that regulates and sees the telecommunication system in Pakistan.
As per the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), all SIM-based devices, including cell phones, tablets, and different devices must be registered, in any other case, they are going to be disabled.
What’s the IMEI number?
IMEI number is a unique code given to your mobile phone just like a vehicle identification number. If blocked you’ll be able to use your mobile phone to access any mobile phone network in Pakistan and your phone won’t be capable of make or receive any calls.
As indicated by an order issued by the PTA, mobile customers presently need to enroll their mobile devices with the authority to avoid blockage.
PTA mobile registration has propelled a confirmation framework called ‘Device Identification, Registration, and Blocking System’ (DIRBS). The framework is gone for guaranteeing a strong development of the mobile phone ecosystem in Pakistan and it’ll assure the utilization of authorized devices on mobile phone networks.
Check the IMEI number?
IMEI number can be checked by any of the following Steps:
Step 1: Dial *#06# on your mobile phone.
Step 2: Go to the ‘Settings‘ and ‘About Phone‘ section of your smartphone.
Step 3: It’s also printed on your mobile phone’s field.
Step 4: If your phone has a removable battery, remove the again cover and battery to find the IMEI number.
PTA Mobile Registration
There are 3 steps a user can register the mobile device
Step 1: Via of SMS by sending the IMEI number to 8484
- Once you send the message to 8484 you’ll receive one of the following messages:
- IMEI is compliant Device IMEI is Valid. Insert SIM and make a call/SMS to anyone for auto registration.
- Device IMEI is non-compliant. Please insert all of your SIMs on this device and use them to continue to utilize this device.
- Device IMEI is blocked. Reported stolen.
Step 2: Via the PTA website
- Click on this URL in your phone’s display https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/
- Enter your 15 digits IMEI Number within the required field.
Step 3: PTA Mobile Registration Utility
- Download the PTA app from the Play Store
- Install the App on your device, Open the App as soon as installed, and then follow the easy instructions to enter your IMEI Number.
Note: You’ll be liable to pay all applicable duty/tax which will be assessed by FBR/Custom officials. Your mobile phone will be registered within 24 hours after you pay the tax.
Check more daily updates to get subscribe to our website and also you can get informational articles and much more etc.