In this article, I will teach you. How to create a WordPress Popup based on location. Building a WordPress popup based on location assists you deliver the best marketing information, to the right people, at the right time. This means a better user experience and more revenue on your WordPress site.
What are Location Based Popups?
Location-based popups are similar to regular popups, but only show visitors from specific locations.
Therefore, visitors from the US will be shown to different popups than visitors in the UK or Spain.
You can narrow down your location by targeting even furthermore and target specific states and cities. In this way, visitors to Florida can be shown a different popup than California tourists.
Why Add WordPress Popup Based on Location?
Using location-based popups in WordPress gives your visitors the most relevant experience. It shows your guests that you understand their needs and can lead to better conversions.
This level of personalization can help you achieve your website goals, such as growing your email list or making money online.
Using geolocation popups can help your business website in many ways.
- Improve website loyalty by showing visitors that you know their location
- Launch eCommerce coupons and guest offers at specific areas
- Promote local events and conferences for your visitors
- Highlight products suitable for visitors in various locations
How to Create WordPress Location Based Popup (Complete Guide)
The easiest way to add pop-ups to your WordPress website is to use the plugin.
We recommend using OptinMonster. It is the best WordPress popup based on location plugin on the market with over 1.2 million users.
You can use the OptinMonster drag and drop editor to easily create a pop-up campaign in just a few minutes. Also, you can customize your popups based on what page their viewing, actions on your site, and more.
The main thing you’ll need to install OptinMonster and activate the plugin.
The OptinMonster plugin acts as a link between your WordPress site and OptinMonster software.
Once the plugin is activated, you will have a new menu item called ‘OpinMonster’ in your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Click ‘OptinMonster‘ to open your OptinMonster dashboard.
- Next, you can click ‘Start Setup Wizard‘ to connect your site to OptinMonster. If this is the first time, then you can create a new account for free.
- When you are done using the setup wizard, your site will now be connected to OptinMonster.
- You can create your location based popup navigate to OptinMonster Campaigns.
- Firstly, you can click ‘Add New‘ to create a new popup campaign.
- Once you have done that, select the ‘Popup‘ campaign type.
- Next, you will select a campaign template. Your template forms the basis for the design of your popup. So, choose a template that closely matches the design you want.
- In this tutorial, we will select a checkout template. Once you find the template you like, hover over it and click on ‘Use template‘.
- After that, you will need to name your campaign.
- This name will not appear in your design. Instead, to help you remember what kind of campaign you have created.
- Next, click ‘Start Building‘.
- Also, this will bring you to the OptinMonster app, when you can simply customize the appearance of your popup.
- You can customize your popup by adding new blocks, text, headings, and more. Simply click on the element you want to edit and the options menu will appear on the left.
- When you are satisfied with what your location based popup looks like, click ‘Save’, then click on the ‘Display Rules’ tab at the top of the screen.
- This is where you will set up your local triggers.
- The default rule is that your popup will appear on any page after the visitor is on-site for 5 seconds.
- You will need to change the first rule to the guest area. To perform this, click on the ‘time on page’ display rule, then select ‘Physical Location’.
- You can now set the popup for visitors to a specific location.
- Furthermore, you have the choice to include or exclude visitors who are in an EU country.
- We will set the rule so that the popup will show when a visitor is in Las Vegas, NV.
- Next, click ‘Validate‘.
- Now, pop-ups will appear that list the available locations based on what you entered. Just select the location you want and click on ‘Next Step‘.
- OptinMonster also gives you the option to add an animated or audio effect to the next screen, but we will leave the default settings.
- Once you’ve done that, click on ‘Next Step‘ again, and you’ll be taken to a summary page where you can review your location popup setting.
- If your settings are correct, navigate to the ‘Publish‘ tab and change ‘Publish Status‘ from Draft to Publish.
- Next, click ‘Save’ and exit the screen.
Your popup based on your user’s location will now live on your site.
If you need to create more WordPress popup based on location, then follow the same method above and change the ‘Display’ rules in the new user location.
With OptinMonster, you can have many popup campaigns and work at once to provide a targeted experience to all your guests.
If you have any questions or queries about this article, please comment below, and we’ll get back to you. Check more daily updates to get subscribe to our website and also you can get informational articles and much more etc.